نقاط التميز: 2411
|موضوع: دروس اللغة الانجليزية + Grammar الأحد مارس 15 2009, 13:44|| |
Oxford Collocations Dictionary ESL defines a collocation as the way words combine in a language to produce natural-sounding speech and writing.The use of collocations makes students sentences more natural and native speaker- like.
Collocations are formed as follows:
|Parts Of Speech</SPAN>||Examples</SPAN>|
|adjective + noun</SPAN>||effecient administration/enjoyable passtime/endless patience</SPAN>|
|quantifier + noun</SPAN>||a dozen of eggs/hundreds of people/a bar of chocolate</SPAN>|
|verb + noun</SPAN>||have, meet with,cause , prevent , survive an accident|
|noun + verb</SPAN>||poison kills/war started/the wind blows</SPAN>|
|noun + noun</SPAN>||passport photo/discourse analysis/blood donation</SPAN>|
|preposition + noun</SPAN>||By the dinner time/Under guarantee</SPAN>|
|adverb + verb</SPAN>||listen attentively/play well/agree heartily/alter substantially</SPAN>|
|noun + preposition</SPAN>||fruits from the farm/teacher of english</SPAN>|
|verb + verb</SPAN>||want to live/like to drink</SPAN>|
|verb + adjective</SPAN>||keep fit/stay healthy/sound logical</SPAN>|
|adverb + adjective</SPAN>||extremely cold/utterly beautiful</SPAN>|
|adjective + preposition</SPAN>||keen to/fond of/good at</SPAN>|
These pages will provide the Second year Bac students with the appropriate collocations they need to write a natural and standard essay.
Passive VoiceForming The Passive
|Active:(a)The driver helped the injured woman.|
Passive:(b)The injured woman was helped by the driver.
|In the passive,the object of an active verb |
becomes the subject of the passive verb:the driver
in (a) becomes the subject of the passive verb
|Active:(a)The man decided</STRONG> against a plea bargain.|
|Only transitive verbs (verbs than can be followed by an object) are used in the passive;we can't use intransitive verbs sch as decide,refuse,complain,fall,happen,sleep,come,seem etc..in the passive voice.|
|Form of the passive:be+past participle </SPAN>|
|Simple present:the cat eats the meat.</SPAN>||The meat is eaten by the cat</SPAN>|
|Present continous:the cat is eating the meat.</SPAN>||The meat is being eaten by the cat</SPAN>|
|Present Perfect:the cat has eaten the meat.</SPAN>||The meat has been eaten by the cat</SPAN>|
|Futre Simple:the cat will eat the meat.</SPAN>||The meat will be eaten by the cat</SPAN>|
|be going to:the cat is going to eat the meat.</SPAN>||The meat is going to be eaten by the cat</SPAN>|
|Furure Perfect:the cat will have eaten the meat.</SPAN>||The meat will have been eaten by the cat</SPAN>|
|Simple past:the cat ate the meat.</SPAN>||The meat was eaten by the cat</SPAN>|
|Past Progressive:the cat was eating the meat.</SPAN>||The meat was being eaten by the cat</SPAN>|
|Past Perfect:the cat had eaten the meat.</SPAN>||The meat had been eaten by the cat</SPAN>|
</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN> ConditionalThird conditional/Conditional Type III
Conditional Type III is used to express conditions in the past that didn't happen and can never be fulfilled.It is often used to express regret or criticism.
Like the other conditionals, a third conditional sentence consists of two clauses, an "if" clause and a main clause.
If I had saved my money,</STRONG>
I would have built a house.
If I had worked harder,</STRONG>
I could have passed my exam.
If Aicha hadn’t been raped,</STRONG>
She shouldn’t have fled her village.
(Main Clause)</STRONG> </SPAN>
I would have escaped</STRONG>
if she had warned me.
Barcelona could have won the match</STRONG>
if Etoo had returned to full fitness.
He should have played against Real</STRONG>
if </STRONG>he had resumed team training .</STRONG>
نقاط التميز: 2411
|موضوع: رد: دروس اللغة الانجليزية + Grammar الأحد مارس 15 2009, 13:50|| |
Wish/If only are used to express regret,wanting change or complaint.
The table below lists the changes that occur when we use wish/If only :
|Simple Present||Simple past|
|Simple Past||Past Perfect|
|must||must or had to|
I am sorry i was rude to you.I wish hadn't been rude to you.
He is shy and clumsy.The teacher wishes he wasn't shy and clumsy. Future PerfectFuture PerfectFORM :
[will have + past participle]
The Future Perfect expresses the idea that something will occur before another action in the future. It can also state that something will happen before a specific time in the future.
- By next June, I will have passed my bac exam</STRONG>.
- Students will have finished</STRONG> this test before it rings.
- Will</STRONG> she have learned</STRONG> enough Chinese to communicate before she moves to Beijing?
- In three years, oil prices will have gone higher.
- How many countries will you have visited</STRONG> by the time you turn 50?
Future Perfect Progressive
Future Perfect Progressive empasizes the duration of an activity that wil be in progress before another time or event in the future.
Form:[will have +verb+ing]
- By a few years time,The new AR games will have allowed us to enter a new,fully three-dimentional and photorealistic world for hours.
- She will have been thanking her by now for her urgent help.
- I am sure he will have been telling his father about your insane mistakes for the moment.
- she will have been hiding the money box under her bed by the time she leaves her house.
- TOP services for lingual therapy will have shortly been opening their new Laboratory and Office facility for 8 hours a day by March 15th
- past perfect
[had + past participle]
- She had learnt Japanese before she moved to Japan.
- Had he seen his uncle when he came back?
- By 1970,he hadn't graduated from the niversity.
The past perfect expresses an activity that was completed before another activity or time in the past.</SPAN>[ندعوك للتسجيل في المنتدى أو التعريف بنفسك لمعاينة هذه الصورة]
- She had cleaned the house before</SPAN> her husband came back.
- By the time</SPAN> he was 42,he had taught for 20 years.
- As soon as</SPAN> he had graduated from university,he got employed in a company.
- They were arrested because</SPAN> they had demonstrated in the street.
- She wishes</SPAN> she hadn't been divorced.
- After</SPAN> her neighbour raped her,she suicided
|la gazelle blanche|
نقاط التميز: 2138
|موضوع: رد: دروس اللغة الانجليزية + Grammar الأحد مارس 22 2009, 12:28|| |
thank you very much sister
نقاط التميز: 2062
|موضوع: رد: دروس اللغة الانجليزية + Grammar السبت مارس 28 2009, 16:03|| |
نقاط التميز: 2062
|موضوع: رد: دروس اللغة الانجليزية + Grammar الإثنين أبريل 06 2009, 23:18|| |